Answers To The Most Common Questions

There are a handful of common scenarios that would lead to a higher than normal water bill. Take a moment to decide if any of these situations might apply to you:

  • Have you had a water leak recently?
  • Commode running?
  • Additional house guests?
  • Water lawn, garden, wash cars?

If you’re still concerned about your monthly bill, do not hesitate to call our office and we can work together to identify the cause.

You must come into our office to start new service. We require a picture ID, Drivers License or Military ID, a Social Security card and a copy of your lease if you are renting, proof of ownership if you are buying.
We offer two extensions a year. One between Jan.-Jun. and another between Jul & Dec. We give an additional week after the disconnect date to pay to avoid disconnect. 
You may chose from any of these convenient options: Pay online, visit our office or use our drive-thru window, bank draft or pay by phone. We accept: Cash, money orders, personal checks, Visa® & MasterCard®
 You’ll find us at 1900 Marshall Road  – Click here for a map & driving directions 
 Yes we require a deposit. It is a city ordinance that everyone for each address has a meter deposit. The amount is $65.00 plus any service charge that might apply. The maximum including service charge is $90.00. 
 For increased accuracy and efficiency, Jacksonville Water Works uses ‘radio read’ meters so we do not have to stop at each address. 
 Most likely it is located out front within a few feet from the street. You may call our office for an exact location of your meter. 
If you already have service with us and have an active deposit you may call in to transfer service. Your account must be current before transferring. There will be a service charge billed on your first bill at your new location. 
Leaks happen. So we’re happy to offer our clients one billing adjustment per calendar year. The adjustment is done based on your average bill and you must submit a plumbers receipt and we must verify your leak has been repaired.
Approximately 51 percent of our water comes from Lake Maumelle in Little Rock Arkansas, and the other 49 percent from our wells in Lonoke County.